- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 pounds (about 4 quarts) whole tender green beans
- 1/4 tsp hot red pepper, crushed, per pint jar
- 1/2 tsp whole mustard seed per pint jar
- 1/2 tsp dill seed per pint jar
- 1 clove garlic per pint jar
- 5 cups white vinegar
- 5 cups water
- 3/4 cup salt
- Wash beans thoroughly; drain and cut into lengths to fill pint jars.
- Pack beans into clean, hot jars; add pepper, mustard seed, dill seed, and
- Combine vinegar, water and salt; heat to boiling. Pour boiling liquid over
- beans, filling to 1/2 inch of top of jar. Adjust jar lids. Process in boiling
- water for 5 minutes. Remove jars and make sure they are well sealed. Set jars
- upright, several inches apart, on a wire rack to cool. Makes 7 pints.