- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 two-muffin servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot (I shredded it)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef, uncooked
- 1 cup finely crushed fat-free saltine crackers (about 20)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F)
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano and minced garlic, saute 2 minutes. Cool.
- 3. Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.
- 4. Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup. Bake for 25 minutes or until internat temperature reaches 160 degrees (F). Let stand for 5 minutes.
NotesI'll never make another meatloaf recipe again! In my opinion, thesea re best topped with a mixture of 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 teaspoon dry mustard and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Want to make it even more special? Put a bit of mozzerella cheese in the center of the "muffins". Even better is that these freeze well!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
The Italian Exchange
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Thomas' English Muffin Clone
Black Bean SoupSee More