- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6 two-muffin servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot (I shredded it)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef, uncooked
- 1 cup finely crushed fat-free saltine crackers (about 20)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F)
- 2. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano and minced garlic, saute 2 minutes. Cool.
- 3. Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.
- 4. Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup. Bake for 25 minutes or until internat temperature reaches 160 degrees (F). Let stand for 5 minutes.
NotesI'll never make another meatloaf recipe again! In my opinion, thesea re best topped with a mixture of 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 teaspoon dry mustard and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Want to make it even more special? Put a bit of mozzerella cheese in the center of the "muffins". Even better is that these freeze well!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More