DINER MEATLOAF MUFFINS
Diner Meatloaf Muffins
- Servings: 6 two-muffin servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrot (I shredded it)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup ketchup, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds extra lean ground beef, uncooked
- 1 cup finely crushed fat-free saltine crackers (about 20)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F)
2. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion, chopped carrot, dried oregano and minced garlic, saute 2 minutes. Cool.
3. Combine onion mixture, 1/2 cup ketchup, and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a large bowl.
4. Spoon the meat mixture into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top each with 2 teaspoons ketchup. Bake for 25 minutes or until internat temperature reaches 160 degrees (F). Let stand for 5 minutes.
Website Credit: http://www.cookinglight.com