- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 pkg. dry yeast
- 5 3/4 cups all-purpose sifted flour
- 2 tbsp. powdered milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup Crisco vegetable shortening, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Add 2 tablespoons sugar and yeast to 1 cup of the water.
- Sift flour then measure. Add powdered milk and salt to flour. Sift again.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the yeast mixture, remaining 1/2 cup water, melted Crisco, egg, and remaining sugar.
- Makes 20 large rolls
- Add dry ingredients to liquid mixing with wooden spoon. Mix 15 minutes or until dough pulls away from bowl.
- Let dough rest 5 minutes.
- Shape rolls, brush with butter. Let rise until double (about 30 minutes to 1 hour).
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes until brown.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More