- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1/2 pkg. dry yeast
- 5 3/4 cups all-purpose sifted flour
- 2 tbsp. powdered milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup Crisco vegetable shortening, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Add 2 tablespoons sugar and yeast to 1 cup of the water.
- Sift flour then measure. Add powdered milk and salt to flour. Sift again.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the yeast mixture, remaining 1/2 cup water, melted Crisco, egg, and remaining sugar.
- Makes 20 large rolls
- Add dry ingredients to liquid mixing with wooden spoon. Mix 15 minutes or until dough pulls away from bowl.
- Let dough rest 5 minutes.
- Shape rolls, brush with butter. Let rise until double (about 30 minutes to 1 hour).
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10-15 minutes until brown.
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More