- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Medium size pumpkin, about 4 pounds
- 1-1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 TBL brown sugar
- 1 (4 oz) can mushrooms
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cup cooked rice
- black olives
- steamed carrot
- whole cloves
- fresh parsley
- Cut lid from pumpkin, scrape out the inside of the pumpkin good and discard what you scrap out.
- In a large skillet brown hamburger, green pepper, celery and onion. Mix salt, pepper, soy sauce, brown sugar, mushrooms, cream of chicken soup and cooked rice together. Mix together with hamburger, green pepper, celery and onion. Mix well and place mixture into pumpkin. Place lid on pumpkin.
- Place pumpkin on foil lined cookie sheet and bake in 350 oven for 1-1/2 hours.
- Optional: If you want to decorate outside of pumpkin. (I don't do this though)
- Using toothpicks use olives for the eyes, steamed carrot for the nose and whole cloves for the mouth. Use fresh parsley around top for hair.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More