- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb bread, white or wheat
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tsp dry white wine
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt, optional
- 1 12 oz can fruit cocktail (or make your own mixed fruit cocktail)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp brandy or Kahlua
- 1 cup melted butter
- Caramel to cover mold (*)
- In a food processor, finely chop the bread and place in a large bowl.
- Mix with the other ingredients including the fruit cocktail with its syrup.
- Stir well to be sure to dissolve the sugar. Place the mixture in a caramel covered mold (*).
- Cook in oven at 375 degrees F for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. Let cool before serving.
- Cut in small pieces.
- (*) To line the mold with caramel:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- a few drops (scant) water
- Place mold on burner and dissolve sugar until it turns a nice light brown color.
- Rotate the mold to coat all sides and bottom with the caramel.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More