- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb bread, white or wheat
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tsp dry white wine
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt, optional
- 1 12 oz can fruit cocktail (or make your own mixed fruit cocktail)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp brandy or Kahlua
- 1 cup melted butter
- Caramel to cover mold (*)
- In a food processor, finely chop the bread and place in a large bowl.
- Mix with the other ingredients including the fruit cocktail with its syrup.
- Stir well to be sure to dissolve the sugar. Place the mixture in a caramel covered mold (*).
- Cook in oven at 375 degrees F for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry. Let cool before serving.
- Cut in small pieces.
- (*) To line the mold with caramel:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- a few drops (scant) water
- Place mold on burner and dissolve sugar until it turns a nice light brown color.
- Rotate the mold to coat all sides and bottom with the caramel.
Forever FOMO Cures: Photo & Cookbook from your Israeli Family
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More