- Cooking Time: 8 to 10 min.
- Servings: 2 1/2 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 c. ground almonds
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. flour
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 2 squares semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 t. shortening
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, almonds, sugar and vanilla.
- Add flour and cornstarch.
- Roll into 1 in. balls.
- Shape into crescents and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 -10 min. or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate and shortening in a microwave or double boiler.
- Stir until smooth.
- Dip one end of each crescent cookie into chocolate.
- Cool on waxed paper.
- Refrigerate for about 30 min. to firm the chocolate.
NotesI found these cookies in a Taste of Home Cookbook several years ago and they quickly became a Christmas tradition in my house. As a variation, I "ice" the bottom of the cookie with tempered chocolate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Special SmoothiesSee More
Surprise Birthday Cake
Citrus Pork Roast
Paula's Pecan ChickenSee More