- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz Hershey bar broken into pieces
- 1 tbsp Crisco shortening
- Melt in double boiler and dip.
- I have also used a large bag of chips and added a tbsp of Crisco shortening to that.
- I like the shortening better than the wax. It doesn't have that waxy taste.
- Chocolate will get white or have white spots when it is in heat or cold. That is just the nature of it, but there is nothing wrong with it - just looks yucky!
NotesThis was the recipe for the chocolate coating on my recipe for chocolate covered cherries. I liked it so well, I now use it for most of my dipping.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Oreo Cookie Balls
Crispy Chicken Strips
Star Anise Spice CakeSee More