- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz Hershey bar broken into pieces
- 1 tbsp Crisco shortening
- Melt in double boiler and dip.
- I have also used a large bag of chips and added a tbsp of Crisco shortening to that.
- I like the shortening better than the wax. It doesn't have that waxy taste.
- Chocolate will get white or have white spots when it is in heat or cold. That is just the nature of it, but there is nothing wrong with it - just looks yucky!
NotesThis was the recipe for the chocolate coating on my recipe for chocolate covered cherries. I liked it so well, I now use it for most of my dipping.
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More