- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a great appetizer and snack.
I once had a lunch meeting at Augostino's in Cleveland and they started us with a loaf of bread and dishes of oil. By the time our lunches came, the three of us had already finished the loaf and all of the oil and were looking for more.
- 1 loaf of crusty Italian bread.
- Olive oil - about 1/4 cup, more or less - enough to just about fill the saucer you're using.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Crushed red pepper
- Parmigiano-Reggiano (I use parmigiano because it's good and strong, but any grated cheese will work)
- Go by taste as far as how much of each spice to put in - start with a healthy dash of each and go from there. I do it a little bit different each time.
- Mix all of the spices together and put them in a saucer.
- Add the oil to cover the spices and mix to blend.
- Tear off pieces of bread, dip and eat.
- Make sure you have some vino on the table - pinot grigio works best for me.
- Good stuff!