- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1/4 cup solid vegetable shortening.
- lard, or cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine dipping sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut Chinese Green Onion cakes into wedges.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce.
NotesThis is one of my father's favorite Northern Chinese appetizer dishes. This cake is thin, flat, crisp outside, chewy inside and bursting with onion flavor.
I like to serve them as street vendors in Beijing do: sliced into wedges and eaten out of
hand, plain or with a spicy chili-garlic dipping sauce.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More