- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C. Whole milk
- 2 C. Heavy cream
- 4 Whole vanilla beans, split lengthwise
- 6 Whole eggs
- 6 T. Sugar
- Nutmeg, fresh grated
- Add vanilla, milk and cream to a heavy saucepan, heat over medium flame to just below boiling and remove from heat.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla beans then put seeds and pods in hot milk, allow to set for 30 minutes before removing pods.
- Return milk to burner and heat to a boil.
- While milk is heating, whisk eggs and sugar together, slowly pour hot milk into egg mixture while whisking.
- Pour back into saucepan and slowly heat to 180°F stirring constantly. When thickened, place pan in a cold water bath to stop cooking.
- Ladle into 6oz custard cups, grate nutmeg on top of each cup and refrigerate to set.
- The seeds from the vanilla beans make the custard look dirty.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Taste of CenturyLink
Special SmoothiesSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More