- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain rice
- 3 cups canned low-sodium chicken broth or homemade stock
- 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and halved
- 2 scallions, including green tops, chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderate heat. Add the pork and cook until the meat is no longer pink, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to moderately low and add the remaining tablespoon oil to the pan. Add the onion, celery, bell pepper, and garlic. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cayenne, paprika, oregano, bay leaf, salt, black pepper, and rice. Cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the broth. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Raise the heat to moderate and stir in the shrimp. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and let stand, covered, until the rice and shrimp are just done, about 5 minutes longer. Remove the bay leaf. Stir in the scallions.
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More