- Cooking Time: 2 hours TOTAL
- Servings: 8 - 10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 3 C. cooked rice*
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms*
- 2 heads cooked broccoli flowerets
- 2 C. cooked, cubed chicken
- Combine these 3 ingred. well with whisk:
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 C. mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cover bottom of lasagna or large roasting pan with cooked rice, then mushrooms, then broccoli, then chicken. Pour/spread soup mixture over all. Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with lid or aluminum foil. Bake at 400° for 30 – 45 minutes, until bubbly.
- *The rice and mushrooms are ingredients Joy added to the ‘original’ recipe from the cookbook published by the women’s league of St. John’s Lutheran Church in Antioch, California. (And we like it with brown rice!
- These quantities can be made into smaller casseroles for fewer people, and frozen.
- To reheat a frozen casserole, bake (covered) in 400° oven 45 – 60 minutes, until bubbly.
NotesI got this recipe several years ago from my sister, who found it in a local church's recipe book. I have modified the original recipe a bit, with this being the result. It is one of my hubby's favorite meals! :D
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More