- Cooking Time: 2 hours TOTAL
- Servings: 8 - 10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryI got this recipe several years ago from my sister, who found it in a local church's recipe book. I have modified the original recipe a bit, with this being the result. It is one of my hubby's favorite meals! :D
- 3 C. cooked rice*
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms*
- 2 heads cooked broccoli flowerets
- 2 C. cooked, cubed chicken
- Combine these 3 ingred. well with whisk:
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 C. mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cover bottom of lasagna or large roasting pan with cooked rice, then mushrooms, then broccoli, then chicken. Pour/spread soup mixture over all. Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with lid or aluminum foil. Bake at 400° for 30 – 45 minutes, until bubbly.
- *The rice and mushrooms are ingredients Joy added to the ‘original’ recipe from the cookbook published by the women’s league of St. John’s Lutheran Church in Antioch, California. (And we like it with brown rice!
- These quantities can be made into smaller casseroles for fewer people, and frozen.
- To reheat a frozen casserole, bake (covered) in 400° oven 45 – 60 minutes, until bubbly.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Family Outdoor Cookbook
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More