- Cooking Time: 2 hours TOTAL
- Servings: 8 - 10
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 3 C. cooked rice*
- 1 small can sliced mushrooms*
- 2 heads cooked broccoli flowerets
- 2 C. cooked, cubed chicken
- Combine these 3 ingred. well with whisk:
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 C. mayonnaise
- 1-2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 C. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cover bottom of lasagna or large roasting pan with cooked rice, then mushrooms, then broccoli, then chicken. Pour/spread soup mixture over all. Sprinkle cheese on top. Cover with lid or aluminum foil. Bake at 400° for 30 – 45 minutes, until bubbly.
- *The rice and mushrooms are ingredients Joy added to the ‘original’ recipe from the cookbook published by the women’s league of St. John’s Lutheran Church in Antioch, California. (And we like it with brown rice!
- These quantities can be made into smaller casseroles for fewer people, and frozen.
- To reheat a frozen casserole, bake (covered) in 400° oven 45 – 60 minutes, until bubbly.
NotesI got this recipe several years ago from my sister, who found it in a local church's recipe book. I have modified the original recipe a bit, with this being the result. It is one of my hubby's favorite meals! :D
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
GAES PTO Recipes
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More