- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 tea salt
- 2 large egg whites* See Note
- 1 tea vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped Walnuts, toasted if you like
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. set aside.
- Then put the first 4 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over low heat until sugar dissolves
- Cook until your candy thermometer reads 248F I'm guessing 15 minutes or so.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Pour half of hot mixture in a thin stream over egg whites, beating constantly at high speed.
- Cook remaining half of syrup over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until a candy thermometer registers 272F 5 minutes.
- Slowly pour hot mixture & the vanilla over egg white mixture, beating constantly at high speed until mixture holds its shape
- Stir in 1 cup chopped Walnuts or nut of your choosing.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased wax paper. Cool. and enjoy eating.
- NOTE*DO NOT MAKE THIS ON A HUMID DAY!!!1 IT WILL NOT SET UP.
NotesMy Aunt Bonnie taught me how to make this. Do not make it on a humid day. it will not set up.Yummy to fullfill a sweet tooth. :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More