- Cooking Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- * 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- * 4 pork chops, 1 1/2 to 2-inches thick
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1/2 teaspoon sage (optional)
- * 2 tart apples, cored and sliced
- * 1/4 cup brown sugar
- * 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- * 1 cup hot water
- * 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- * 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry pork chops on each side until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking dish, reserving the drippings in the skillet. Cover pork chops with apple slices and sprinkle with sugar.
- 2. Stir the flour into the fat in the skillet until smooth. Whisk in the water and vinegar. Simmer over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Add raisins and pour over the pork chops. Cover the baking dish with a lid or aluminum foil.
- 3. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Remove the aluminum foil for the last 20 minutes of cooking.
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
mussels for one or two
Carrot Cake Bites! GF, V, SCD, Paleo!See More