- Cooking Time: 1 hr
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- * 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- * 4 pork chops, 1 1/2 to 2-inches thick
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt
- * 1/2 teaspoon sage (optional)
- * 2 tart apples, cored and sliced
- * 1/4 cup brown sugar
- * 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- * 1 cup hot water
- * 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- * 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry pork chops on each side until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking dish, reserving the drippings in the skillet. Cover pork chops with apple slices and sprinkle with sugar.
- 2. Stir the flour into the fat in the skillet until smooth. Whisk in the water and vinegar. Simmer over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until thick. Add raisins and pour over the pork chops. Cover the baking dish with a lid or aluminum foil.
- 3. Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Remove the aluminum foil for the last 20 minutes of cooking.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More