- Cooking Time: 125
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 lb ground beef
- 5 oz uncooked rice
- 4 medium onions, quartered
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp mint, dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lg jar of grape leaves, drained
- 32 oz plain yogurt
- 5 cloves garlic, lg, minced
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, rice, onions, cilantro, mint, salt and pepper.
- Using a meat grinder, grind the meat mixture using a large die.
- Drain grape leaves and place in boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove grape leaves from water and separate laying flat on the counter.
- Divide the ground meat mixture among the grape leaves. Roll the leaves folding in the sides to contain mixture.
- Place in boiling water for about 2 hours or until the leaves are tender.
- Sauce for Dish:
- You can use plain sour cream, or whipped yogurt, or whipped yogurt mixed with minced garlic and serve on top.
Notes*DOLMA [dOl-'mä] - Means “stuffed”.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Taste of CenturyLink
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More