- Cooking Time: 125
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 lb ground beef
- 5 oz uncooked rice
- 4 medium onions, quartered
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp mint, dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lg jar of grape leaves, drained
- 32 oz plain yogurt
- 5 cloves garlic, lg, minced
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, rice, onions, cilantro, mint, salt and pepper.
- Using a meat grinder, grind the meat mixture using a large die.
- Drain grape leaves and place in boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove grape leaves from water and separate laying flat on the counter.
- Divide the ground meat mixture among the grape leaves. Roll the leaves folding in the sides to contain mixture.
- Place in boiling water for about 2 hours or until the leaves are tender.
- Sauce for Dish:
- You can use plain sour cream, or whipped yogurt, or whipped yogurt mixed with minced garlic and serve on top.
Notes*DOLMA [dOl-'mä] - Means “stuffed”.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday EntertainingSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More