- Cooking Time: 125
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 lb ground beef
- 5 oz uncooked rice
- 4 medium onions, quartered
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp mint, dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lg jar of grape leaves, drained
- 32 oz plain yogurt
- 5 cloves garlic, lg, minced
- In a large bowl, mix ground beef, rice, onions, cilantro, mint, salt and pepper.
- Using a meat grinder, grind the meat mixture using a large die.
- Drain grape leaves and place in boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove grape leaves from water and separate laying flat on the counter.
- Divide the ground meat mixture among the grape leaves. Roll the leaves folding in the sides to contain mixture.
- Place in boiling water for about 2 hours or until the leaves are tender.
- Sauce for Dish:
- You can use plain sour cream, or whipped yogurt, or whipped yogurt mixed with minced garlic and serve on top.
Notes*DOLMA [dOl-'mä] - Means “stuffed”.