- Cooking Time: 0
- Preparation Time: several hours - LOL!
- navel oranges (full bag)
- crushed pineapple (large can - do not drain)
- red delicious apples
- shredded coconut
- marachino cherries
- pineapple juice (large can)
- confectioner's sugar (1lb)
- peel the navel oranges with a knife, and then remove all the pulp and place in a separate bowl. the goal is to leave behind all seeds, skin and strings.
- peel and dice the apples into small chunks.
- cut the bananas into thin slices.
- chop the pecans.
- slice cherries into halves and keep juice to the side.
- In the serving bowl, layer ingredients in the following order: oranges, sprinkle sugar, bananas, crushed pineapple, apple, coconut, pecans, cherries.
- Repeat layers until the bowl is full.
- From the side of the bowl, pour in the pineapple juice and pour the left over cherry juice (do not pour over the center).
- Keep chilled when not being served.
- Tip: ensure the apples and bananas are on a citrus layer, so they keep from turning brown and mushy.
NotesAlways a southern family Christmas favorite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Italy or Bust
My Family Cookbook
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More