- Cooking Time: 0
- Preparation Time: several hours - LOL!
- navel oranges (full bag)
- crushed pineapple (large can - do not drain)
- red delicious apples
- shredded coconut
- marachino cherries
- pineapple juice (large can)
- confectioner's sugar (1lb)
- peel the navel oranges with a knife, and then remove all the pulp and place in a separate bowl. the goal is to leave behind all seeds, skin and strings.
- peel and dice the apples into small chunks.
- cut the bananas into thin slices.
- chop the pecans.
- slice cherries into halves and keep juice to the side.
- In the serving bowl, layer ingredients in the following order: oranges, sprinkle sugar, bananas, crushed pineapple, apple, coconut, pecans, cherries.
- Repeat layers until the bowl is full.
- From the side of the bowl, pour in the pineapple juice and pour the left over cherry juice (do not pour over the center).
- Keep chilled when not being served.
- Tip: ensure the apples and bananas are on a citrus layer, so they keep from turning brown and mushy.
NotesAlways a southern family Christmas favorite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Cooking with Sabra
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Poblano Macaroni and Cheese
Betty Crocker Raspberry-Lemon Fruit Dip
The Barefoot Contessas Pan Fried Onion DipSee More