- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups Domino Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (about one and one half of 12 oz. packages)
- 1/2 cup - peanut butter chips
- 1 tsp. - vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and arrange rack to the center position. Beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Whisk flour with salt and gradually stir into batter. Fold in pecans and spread mixture in a lightly greased 15 x 11 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden on edges. Remove from oven and immediately top evenly with chocolate chips. Allow chips to stand 2-3 minutes to soften, then spread and swirl evenly over top of toffee with the back of a large spoon. Set aside.
- Melt peanut butter chips with vegetable shortening and stir to blend smoothly. Drizzle randomly over the top of chocolate. Cool thoroughly, then cut into squares.