- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups Domino Light Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (about one and one half of 12 oz. packages)
- 1/2 cup - peanut butter chips
- 1 tsp. - vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and arrange rack to the center position. Beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well.
- Blend in vanilla.
- Whisk flour with salt and gradually stir into batter. Fold in pecans and spread mixture in a lightly greased 15 x 11 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden on edges. Remove from oven and immediately top evenly with chocolate chips. Allow chips to stand 2-3 minutes to soften, then spread and swirl evenly over top of toffee with the back of a large spoon. Set aside.
- Melt peanut butter chips with vegetable shortening and stir to blend smoothly. Drizzle randomly over the top of chocolate. Cool thoroughly, then cut into squares.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More