- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20-24 cookies
- Preparation Time:
- 150 g (5.2 oz) butter or margarine
- 200 g (7 oz) flour
- 100 g (3.5 oz) sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- chocolate drops
- Mix flour, sugar and salt together.
- Add chopped cold butter and rub it into the flour mixture to get coarse crumbs.
- Add the yolk and quickly knead everything together.
- Form a ball, wrap it with a piece of plastic wrap, and let rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough to 3-4 mm thin and cut into domino shape rectangles (1" wide x 2" long). I used my fondant ribbon cutter to get even stripes and then I cut them into 2" long pieces.
- Make an indentation in the middle of each cookie with the dull side of a knife.
- Press the chocolate drops in to create the domino dots.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C (350°F).
- They should stay light coloured, so take them out as soon as they are slightly golden.
- For the opposite effect, add some cocoa powder into the dough and create the dots using white chocolate drops.
NotesI know, you shouldn't play with your food, but if the game is Eat all the cookies you can match, your kids (and not only) might have some fun and healthy snack while sipping a nice big glass of milk.
My daughter kept asking for the dice. That might be my next project.