- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-4 medium zucchini, thinkly sliced or chopped (trim ends but leave the skin on)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- cook zucchini and onion together in a medium covered saucepot with a small amount of water until soft (about 10 min.) Drain well and let cool while preparing the rest of the mixture.
- In a large bowl add:
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 3-4 extra large eggs slightly beaten ( I usually wind up using 4)
- pepper to taste
- Mix together all ingredients and add cooled zucchini mixture. Stir until vegetables are coated. Pour into a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish. Top with fresh buttered breadcrumbs. Bake uncovered at 350º for about 40-45 minutes or until top is golden and center is set. Let is set 10 minutes before cutting into serving squares.
- To make buttered bread crumbs melt 1 1/2 sticks of butter or margarine in a large fry pan. Add 5 slices of bread torn into small bits. Stir until bread has absorbed all the butter and is golden.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Camp Nubar Baking Class
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More