- Cooking Time: 35–40
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 35
- 4 stale glazed donuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Vanilla ice cream optional
- Whipped cream optional
- Preheat oven 350° F.
- Lightly grease a small glass baking dish.
- Tear the donuts into bite size pieces.
- Combine donut pieces and chocolate chips in the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest.
- Pour the mixture over the donuts in the dish, and press down lightly to help absorption.
- Let stand for 15 minutes, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place the baking dish inside a larger baking dish, and fill the outer dish with enough water to go about halfway up the sides.
- Bake 35–40 minutes in the oven, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Cooking with Sabra
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More