- Cooking Time: 35–40
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 35
- 4 stale glazed donuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Vanilla ice cream optional
- Whipped cream optional
- Preheat oven 350° F.
- Lightly grease a small glass baking dish.
- Tear the donuts into bite size pieces.
- Combine donut pieces and chocolate chips in the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest.
- Pour the mixture over the donuts in the dish, and press down lightly to help absorption.
- Let stand for 15 minutes, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place the baking dish inside a larger baking dish, and fill the outer dish with enough water to go about halfway up the sides.
- Bake 35–40 minutes in the oven, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More