- Cooking Time: 35–40
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 35
- 4 stale glazed donuts
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Vanilla ice cream optional
- Whipped cream optional
- Preheat oven 350° F.
- Lightly grease a small glass baking dish.
- Tear the donuts into bite size pieces.
- Combine donut pieces and chocolate chips in the baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, mix the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract and almond extract.
- Mix in the cinnamon, nutmeg and orange zest.
- Pour the mixture over the donuts in the dish, and press down lightly to help absorption.
- Let stand for 15 minutes, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Place the baking dish inside a larger baking dish, and fill the outer dish with enough water to go about halfway up the sides.
- Bake 35–40 minutes in the oven, or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Breads and Pastry 101See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More