- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2 dozen
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (16-ounce) package sausage
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa, liquid drained and reserved
- 1 (16-ounce) package Mexican-blend shredded cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) package wonton wrappers or egg roll wrappers cut on the diagonal
- 1 quart peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle spicy ranch dressing
- Brown sausage, being sure to break up meat into small pieces, until cooked.
- Drain sausage drippings and cool meat to room temperature.
- While the sausage is cooling, combine the drained salsa and cheese, then add the sausage to the mixture.
- Apply a small spoonful of the sausage mixture near a corner of the wonton wrapper.
- Brush the opposite end of the wonton wrapper with water and then fold it over the mixture.
- Moisten the ends of the wonton wrapper with water and bring the ends together to make a bundle.
- Be sure to press the ends together to seal the bundle.
- Heat oil to 365 degrees in a Dutch oven and fry six bundles at a time, until golden, approximately 1 1/2 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Serve with spicy ranch dressing.
- Servings: Makes 2 dozen.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More