- Servings: 2 dozen
- 1 (16-ounce) package sausage
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa, liquid drained and reserved
- 1 (16-ounce) package Mexican-blend shredded cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) package wonton wrappers or egg roll wrappers cut on the diagonal
- 1 quart peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 (16-ounce) bottle spicy ranch dressing
Brown sausage, being sure to break up meat into small pieces, until cooked.
Drain sausage drippings and cool meat to room temperature.
While the sausage is cooling, combine the drained salsa and cheese, then add the sausage to the mixture.
Apply a small spoonful of the sausage mixture near a corner of the wonton wrapper.
Brush the opposite end of the wonton wrapper with water and then fold it over the mixture.
Moisten the ends of the wonton wrapper with water and bring the ends together to make a bundle.
Be sure to press the ends together to seal the bundle.
Heat oil to 365 degrees in a Dutch oven and fry six bundles at a time, until golden, approximately 1 1/2 minutes.
Drain on a paper towel and sprinkle with salt. Serve with spicy ranch dressing.
Servings: Makes 2 dozen.