DOREEN'S CHEESECAKE FACTORY CRANBERRY CHEESECAKE
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup vanilla wafer, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Mix all nuts and vanilla wafer crumbs with melted butter and press into a 9 inch buttered springform pan, trying to line the sides as much as possible about 1 1/2" up the sides of the pan, set aside.
1. All the filling ingredients should be at room temperature.
2. Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy with an electric mixer set on low (keep the setting at low during the entire mixing process).
3. Add the sugar a little at a time and continue beating until creamy.
4. Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg.
5. Add flour, vanilla and lemon juice, mix well.
6. Add the sour cream and beat well.
7. Pour cream cheese mixture into the springform pan.
8. Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degrees preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes.
9. When time is up turn oven off, prop open oven door and leave in oven for one hour.
10. Remove from oven and let cool then refrigerate for 24 hours.
11. Remember this important tip : A cheesecake should season. The wait is worth it. The flavor ripens and becomes enriched.
***The crust recipe below is for those who prefer a crust without nuts***