- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup almonds, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup vanilla wafer, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 pounds cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Crust Directions:
- 1. Mix all nuts and vanilla wafer crumbs with melted butter and press into a 9 inch buttered springform pan, trying to line the sides as much as possible about 1 1/2" up the sides of the pan, set aside.
- Cheesecake Directions:
- 1. All the filling ingredients should be at room temperature.
- 2. Beat the cream cheese until light and fluffy with an electric mixer set on low (keep the setting at low during the entire mixing process).
- 3. Add the sugar a little at a time and continue beating until creamy.
- 4. Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg.
- 5. Add flour, vanilla and lemon juice, mix well.
- 6. Add the sour cream and beat well.
- 7. Pour cream cheese mixture into the springform pan.
- 8. Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degrees preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes.
- 9. When time is up turn oven off, prop open oven door and leave in oven for one hour.
- 10. Remove from oven and let cool then refrigerate for 24 hours.
- 11. Remember this important tip : A cheesecake should season. The wait is worth it. The flavor ripens and becomes enriched.
- ***The crust recipe below is for those who prefer a crust without nuts***
NotesWhen Doreen gives a recipe you take it and run. It is always a winner.
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Baked Chicken Reuben
turkey and sweet potato hash
Cheddar Baked Potato SlicesSee More