- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 1 or 2 tortillas each
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 package large flour tortillas
- 3 cups cubed, cooked chicken - boiled, roasted or grilled, I use leftovers for this.
- 1 medium bellpepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small can chopped green chilies
- 1 can cream of chicken or celery soup
- 1 or 2 cups cooked rice.
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Butter or olive oil for sautéing
- Dice the bell pepper and onion, quickly sauté in butter till just transparent.
- Add the chicken and heat thru.
- In a large bowl add chicken, bellpepper, onion, rice, chilies and cream soup, mix well.
- Add enough chicken broth to make filling your desired texture. I like it to be somewhat creamy but still thick.
- Next add 2/3 of the cheese.
- In a large casserole dish, 9x13 Pyrex is what I use, pour a 1/4 cup of chicken broth and set aside.
- In each tortilla place about 1/4 cup of filling and roll up. Continue till you use all the tortillas or all the filling. If you have leftover filling, freeze it or mix it with a bit more chicken broth and spread thinly on top of rolled tortillas. As you roll up tortillas, place in casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. If you check it during baking and it seems to be dry in the bottom of the pan, add some chicken broth with a baster or large spoon. Just spoon it over the top
- Once heated thru, uncover and sprinkle top with remaining cheese. Once cheese melts, take out of the oven.
- Let it rest 5-10 minutes and serve.
- I like mine with salsa and sour cream.
- It's also good with olive, a can of corn or black beans added with the rice. Jalapeños or sliced mushrooms can be sautéed with the onion. If your making it for a potluck dinner, any or all of these extras will add enough to feed a crowd without breaking the bank.
NotesGreat chicken enchiladas. They freeze well and whip up fast. They are great for company or as a potluck dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More