- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 8 to 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box yellow or butter cake mix
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 box confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick softened sweet butter
- 1 tsp. maple flavoring
- Chopped walnuts (approximately 2 cups)
- Mix and bake cake as directed on the box.
- In a cold bowl beat heavy cream until stiff peaks are about to form.
- Add 1 tablespoon of confectioner’s sugar and vanilla
- Continue to whip until peaks form.
- Cut cake into two layers.
- Spread whipped cream in middle.
- In a bowl, beat together the remaining confectioner’s sugar, butter and maple flavoring. When mixed slowly beat in 1 teaspoon of milk at time, until creamy.
- Frost cake and decorate entire cake with chopped walnuts.
NotesMy grandmothers walnut cake she made for almost every other persons birthday... depending on the persons request.
Paul's Food World Volume 1
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Lau Family RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More