- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 8 to 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box yellow or butter cake mix
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 box confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick softened sweet butter
- 1 tsp. maple flavoring
- Chopped walnuts (approximately 2 cups)
- Mix and bake cake as directed on the box.
- In a cold bowl beat heavy cream until stiff peaks are about to form.
- Add 1 tablespoon of confectioner’s sugar and vanilla
- Continue to whip until peaks form.
- Cut cake into two layers.
- Spread whipped cream in middle.
- In a bowl, beat together the remaining confectioner’s sugar, butter and maple flavoring. When mixed slowly beat in 1 teaspoon of milk at time, until creamy.
- Frost cake and decorate entire cake with chopped walnuts.
NotesMy grandmothers walnut cake she made for almost every other persons birthday... depending on the persons request.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More