DOUBLE APPLE NOODLE KUGEL
- 16 oz. egg noodles
- 4 tbsp (1/2) stick margarine or butter, melted (use the margarine!)
- 1 cup applesauce, no sugar added
- 4 large eggs (I will use egg substitute)
- 2 large egg whites (again, egg substitute)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp cinammon
- 1/2 cup raisins (I assume golden or regular will work)
- 4 medium green apples, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced/chopped
- nonstick spray
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 9X13 casserole.
Cook noodles several minutes les than package directions. Drain and return to pan. Add margarine and applesauce and toss to coat.
In medium pan, whisk eggs and eggwhites, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until blended. Stir in noodles, raisins and apples. Mix well.
Pour everything into casserole; spread evenly. Spray foil with spray and place over noodles. (You may refrigerate overnight from this point)
Bake covered for 45 minutes. Increase temp to 375F. Remove foil and spray top of kugel with nonstick spray and bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
Let sit 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I think I would add walnuts or some other nut to this :)