- Cooking Time: 120
- Servings: 26
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 6 ounce package of dried apricots
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 18 pound fully cooked ham (non spiral cut)
- 6 T butter
- 1 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 jars (12 ounce each) apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- zest of one orange
- Cut apricots into strips.
- Score ham and place into large roasting pan. Cover with 2 cups of stock and apricots. Bake for 2 hours.
- Apricot Sauce:
- Heat butter in large sauce pan. Add shallots and cook until tender. Stir in the preserves, mustard, and orange zest. Add remaining chicken stock and heat to a boil Reduce heat to low and cook and stir for 10 minutes or until the sauce is slightly thickened.
- Slice the ham and serve with apricot sauce.
NotesI found this recipe on Campbell's Kitchen but have made some changes.
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More