- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 30
- Dough Ingredients:
- 4 1/2 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup warm milk (120° to 130°F)
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Filling Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Combine 2 cups flour, warm milk, 1/2 cup butter, sugar, yeast, eggs and salt in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth (1 to 2 minutes).
- Stir in raisins and enough remaining flour by hand to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic (3 to 5 minutes).
- Place in greased bowl; turn greased-side up. Cover; let rise in warm place until double in size (about 1 to 1 1/2 hours). (Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.)
- Punch down dough. Stir together all filling ingredients except cinnamon in medium bowl. Spread half of filling on bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Stir cinnamon into remaining filling.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface into 18x9-inch rectangle; spread with remaining filling. Roll up, jelly-roll fashion, beginning with 18-inch side; seal seams well. Cut into 18 (1-inch) slices using serrated knife; place slices in prepared pan. Cover; let rise until double in size (about 1 hour).
- Heat oven to 375°F. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert pan onto serving platter; remove pan.
- Glazed Orange Rolls: Prepare dough as directed above (except omit raisins). Omit filling. To prepare orange filling: stir together 1/3 cup melted butter, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon light corn syrup and 1 tablespoon grated orange peel in small bowl. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface into 18x9-inch rectangle; spread with orange filling. Roll up, jelly-roll fashion, beginning with 18-inch side. Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal well. Cut into 1-inch slices; place slices in greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Cover; let rise until double in size (about 1 hour). Heat oven to 375°F. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert pan onto wire cooling rack; remove pan. Invert rolls onto serving platter (top sides up). To prepare glaze: stir together 2 cups powdered sugar, 1/4 cup orange juice and 1 teaspoon grated orange peel in small bowl. Glaze top of warm rolls.
- Recipe Tip
- Two (1-pound) loaves frozen bread dough can be substituted for dough recipe. Let frozen dough thaw according to package directions. If preparing Double Caramel-Raisin Rolls, knead 3/4 cup raisins into dough. Prepare filling and continue as directed above.
NotesAll-time favorite caramel rolls or the goodness of frosted orange rolls--both from the same recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More