- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 10 oz. maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 3 oz. white chocolate
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and almond extract; mix well.
- Add bittersweet chocolate and blend to combine. Add flour and cinnamon; mix until well blended. Form dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Press thumb in center of each cookie and place half a cherry in each depression.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. Cool completely.
- Place white chocolate into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds; stir and continue to microwave in 10-second increments until chocolate is smooth.
- Drizzle white chocolate across each cookie. chill 5 minutes to set white chocolate.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More