- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- double pie crust
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom or nutmeg
- 5 cups pitted fresh tart red cherries (you can also use canned or thawed frozen tart cherries, drained)
- 3/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Milk and sugar for finishing pie
- Prepare the pie crust.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, flour, tapioca and cardamom.
- Add the fresh and dried cherries.
- Toss to mix thoroughly.
- Scrape the filling into the pie shell.
- Dot with the butter.
- Cover with the remaining pastry round and trim to 1/2 inch beyond the pie-plate rim.
- Fold the top pastry under the bottom pastry and crimp.
- Brush the top pastry with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pie for about 50 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More