- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 175g dark semi sweet chocolate
- 125g butter
- 2 eggs
- 100g sugar
- 75g brown sugar (may be light brown, but I used the dark brown one)
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 75g flour
- 25g cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 200g chopped dark semi sweet chocolate
- 100g flaked hazelnuts (I didn´t have them so I used the same amount of chopped peacans and it turned out great!)
- Melt the 175g chocolate and butter together. Make sure it´s not too warm when added to remaining ingredients.
- Beat the eggs well with the sugars and vanilla.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa and add the baking powder and salt.
- While beating the eggs, pour the chocolate - butter mixture. Then combine the dried ingredients and combine. Now add the nuts and chopped chocolate.
- With 2 teaspoons form little dots on a baking sheet, give them space as they run out.
- Bake at 180°C for ca 7 to 8 minutes. You will notice it on the great smell filling the kitchen :)
- Cool on a rack and find a pretty Christmas Tin to store them in.
NotesThese are a real Chocolate treat! I found this recipie in an Icelandic Gourmet Magazine quite a few years ago, then I made them and we loved them. Now many years later I found this recipie again and just made it again recently. They are really easy to make and taste delicious with ice cold milk or a great cup of coffee :)
Note all the grammes units are to be substituded with Cups, see at Thuris Bakespace!!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More