- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Tbsp Splenda
- 12 Tbsp (a little less than a cup) of sugar
- 2/3 cups (approx 10 2/3 Tbsp) Butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp double strength vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pure mint extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup vanilla Silk soy milk
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup Swirl semisweet chocolate and mint chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- To measure sugar / Splenda mix, scoop 4 Tbsp of Splenda into measuring cup then fill with sugar until it measures 1 cup. Use hand mixer to cream sugar/Splenda mix, butter, vanilla, mint extract and egg until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix cocoa, soy milk and sour cream until well blended and consistent in texture. Add to butter mixture and mix until well blended.
- Add flours, baking soda and salt and mix until just blended (you may need to switch to a spoon or mix N’scraper if mixture gets too tough). Stir in mint chocolate chips.
- Using a medium scoop, drop cookie dough balls onto a baking stone and bake for 9-12 minutes or until just set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes on baking stone before transferring to cooling rack
NotesThis is a better-for-you version of a cookie I used to make with my grandmother. These cookies are the perfect blend of chocolate and mint and are super soft and cakey
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
The Social CookbookSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More