DOUBLE CHOCOLATE, MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Double Chocolate, Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 Tbsp Splenda
- 12 Tbsp (a little less than a cup) of sugar
- 2/3 cups (approx 10 2/3 Tbsp) Butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp double strength vanilla
- 1/2 tsp pure mint extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 cup vanilla Silk soy milk
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 1/3 cup organic whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup Swirl semisweet chocolate and mint chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 F
To measure sugar / Splenda mix, scoop 4 Tbsp of Splenda into measuring cup then fill with sugar until it measures 1 cup. Use hand mixer to cream sugar/Splenda mix, butter, vanilla, mint extract and egg until well blended.
In a separate bowl, mix cocoa, soy milk and sour cream until well blended and consistent in texture. Add to butter mixture and mix until well blended.
Add flours, baking soda and salt and mix until just blended (you may need to switch to a spoon or mix N’scraper if mixture gets too tough). Stir in mint chocolate chips.
Using a medium scoop, drop cookie dough balls onto a baking stone and bake for 9-12 minutes or until just set.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes on baking stone before transferring to cooling rack