- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 24 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter*
- 4 oz. (4 squares) unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract**
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 bag (12 oz.) chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking fpan with nonstick foil, leaving overhang.
- In a large glass bowl, heat butterr and chocolate in microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes; stir until smooth and let stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Whisk in sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla; stir in pecans and half of the chocolate chips (1 cup).
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until top is dry to the touch.
- Let cool completely in pan on wire rack; lift brownie from pan with foil.
- Cut into squares and serve.
NotesI adapted this decadent brownie recipe from the March 2009 issue of 'Family Circle' Magazine. I say 'adapted' because I made a few minor changes. *Instead of unsalted butter, I used magarine (because I didn't have any unsalted or regular butter; and margarine worked just as well), **Instead of vanilla extract, I used almond extract, because I grabbed that by mistake (and I'm really glad I did, because these brownies are really delicious!).