- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Servings: 24 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter*
- 4 oz. (4 squares) unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract**
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 bag (12 oz.) chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line a 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking fpan with nonstick foil, leaving overhang.
- In a large glass bowl, heat butterr and chocolate in microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes; stir until smooth and let stand for 5 minutes to cool slightly.
- Whisk in sugar, eggs, flour and vanilla; stir in pecans and half of the chocolate chips (1 cup).
- Transfer batter to prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes, until top is dry to the touch.
- Let cool completely in pan on wire rack; lift brownie from pan with foil.
- Cut into squares and serve.
NotesI adapted this decadent brownie recipe from the March 2009 issue of 'Family Circle' Magazine. I say 'adapted' because I made a few minor changes. *Instead of unsalted butter, I used magarine (because I didn't have any unsalted or regular butter; and margarine worked just as well), **Instead of vanilla extract, I used almond extract, because I grabbed that by mistake (and I'm really glad I did, because these brownies are really delicious!).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Babette's Test Kitchen
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More