- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 c. Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. instant espresso powder
- 10 tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 c. packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 16 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 cups dried cherries
- Adjust the oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla, instant espresso together until dissolved.
- Beat the butter and sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3-6 minutes.
- Beat in the egg mixture, 30 seconds.
- Beat in the melted chocolate, 30 seconds.
- Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly mix in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the cherries.
- Cover the bowl of dough with plastic wrap and let it stand at room temperature until the dough thickens a bit.
- Working with a medium sized cookie scoop, scoop the dough into balls and lay on parchment lined baking sheets about two inches apart.
- Bake, one sheet at a time, until the edges are set and the tops are craced, but the centers are still soft and appear slightly underdone, 10-12 minutes.
- Cool the cookies on the sheet, 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool on a wire rack.
NotesCherries and chocolate in a cookie--what's not to love?!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More