DOUBLE CHOCOLATE CHEWS
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 dz.
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate mini-morsels, divided **I used full size ones and cut it down to 3/4 cup**
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light-colored corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- Combine 3/4 cup chocolate morsels and oil in a small saucepan; cook over low heat until chocolate melts, stirring constantly. Pour the melted chocolate mixture into a large bowl, and let cool 5 minutes. Add brown sugar, corn syrup, water, vanilla extract, and egg whites to chocolate mixture; stir well. Stir in flour mixture and remaining chocolate morsels.
- Drop dough by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pans; let cool on wire racks.
- 4 dozen (serving size: 1 cookie)
- Nutritional Information
- CALORIES 64(23% from fat); FAT 1.6g (sat 0.6g,mono 0.5g,poly 0.5g); PROTEIN 0.9g; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 19mg; SODIUM 13mg; FIBER 0.1g; IRON 0.5mg; CARBOHYDRATE 11.8g
- POINTS Per Cookie: 1 POINT
- **For about 33 cookies it figures to be 2 points for 1 cookie,3.5 POINTS for 2 cookies. **
NotesThese are absouletly delicious and guilt free! I adapted this from a Cooking Light recipe.
serving size: 1 cookie
CALORIES 64(23% from fat); FAT 1.6g (sat 0.6g,mono 0.5g,poly 0.5g); PROTEIN 0.9g; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 19mg; SODIUM 13mg; FIBER 0.1g; IRON 0.5mg; CARBOHYDRATE 11.8g
POINTS Per Cookie: 1 POINT
**For about 33 cookies it figures to be 2 points for 1 cookie,3.5 POINTS for 2 cookies. **