- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryFor as long as I can remember, my favorite candy bar has been Mounds-sometimes I might throw in an Almond Joy…but Mounds has always been number one. This recipe was inspired by that love (OK, obsession).
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips, divided
- Coconut Cream:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/4 cup cream of coconut (not coconut milk)
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray The Edge baking pan with the cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the sugar, butter, eggs, cocoa and vanilla until blended. Gradually add the flour, mixing just until incorporated. Stir in 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan.
- To prepare the coconut cream, using an electric mixer beat together the butter and confectioner’s sugar. Stir in the cream of coconut, coconut extract and shredded coconut. When the brownies are cooled completely, spread the coconut cream evenly over brownies.
- Melt the remaining cup of bittersweet chocolate in bowl over a pot of simmering water. Drizzle the melted chocolate in zigzags over the coconut cream using a spoon. Cover and chill for 1 hour before cutting brownies into squares to serve.
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Tortellini with Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
GRILLED MISO-CITRUS SCALLOP LOLLIPOPS
Chocolate Panna CottaSee More