- Cooking Time: 10
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding
- 1 C margarine
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 package chocolate chips
- 1 C chopped nuts (optional)
- Sift together flour, baking soda, sugar and pudding mix.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, vanilla, and eggs until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until done. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
NotesThis recipe came out of a "food writers favorites" cookbook. It's certainly one of my favorites, I've been making it since I was in high school. It's best to mix this by hand unless your mixer can take a really sticky dough. My hand mixer always complains if I try to use it for this recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!See More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More