- Cooking Time: 9-10 minutes
- Servings: Makes 3-4 dozen cookies
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- Ingredients for Double Chocolate Cookies:
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1) Make the cookie dough. In an electric mixer, cream butter and sugars. Add baking soda and salt. Add vanilla and eggs, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl when needed. Add baking cocoa and combine thoroughly. Mix in flour. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2) Allow the dough to rest. For best results, chill overnight in the refrigerator or place dough in the freezer for at least one hour before making cookies.
- 3) Bake the cookies. Preheat oven to 365(F). Form dough into balls, flatten and place on baking sheet. Gently flatten tops of cookies. Bake 9-10 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack.
- Notes: Makes 3-4 dozen cookies, depending on size.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce