- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe was created by Yosmar Martinez and won first prize in Cooking Pleasures magazine contest. I made it over the holidays and it requires a little work but it turned out great
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 15 vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8-oz.) pkg. mascarpone cheese, softened
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 6 oz. bittersweet chocolate, melted, cooled
- 6 oz. white chocolate, melted, cooled
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Heat oven to 325F. Place almonds in food processor; pulse until chopped. Add wafers and melted butter; process until finely crumbled. Press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Wrap outside of pan with foil. (Almonds and wafer cookies can be chopped by hand and crust mixed in a bowl.)
- Place cream cheese, mascarpone cheese and sugar in large bowl; beat at medium speed until smooth. Beat in vanilla. At low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, until well-blended.
- Divide cheese mixture evenly between 2 medium bowls. Add melted bittersweet chocolate to one; stir to combine. Add white chocolate to second bowl; stir to combine.
- Pour white chocolate mixture into pan. Gently spoon and spread bittersweet chocolate mixture over white chocolate mixture. Place pan in large shallow roasting pan or broiler pan; fill roasting pan with 1 inch hot water.
- Bake 1 hour or until edges are puffed and top looks dull and is dry to the touch. Center should move slightly when side of pan is tapped. Turn off oven. Let cheesecake stand in oven 1 hour. Cool to room temperature; refrigerate overnight.
- To make glaze, place 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate and 3/4 cup butter in medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; gently stir in corn syrup until mixture is smooth and slightly warm to the touch (about 80F.).
- Remove sides from springform pan; place cheesecake on wire rack placed over baking sheet. Pour glaze over cheesecake, spreading with spatula. Refrigerate until set. Store in refrigerator.
50 Shades of Taste
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Teriyaki Turkey Sliders
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas
Anisette sponge cookiesSee More