- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (12 ounce) package nestle toll house semisweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package German chocolate cake mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups orange juice
- 1-2 teaspoon orange zest (depending on how orangey you want your cupcakes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Microwave 1 cup chocolate morsels in a 2-cup glass measuring cup at HIGH 1 minute, stirring after 30 seconds.
- Stir until smooth.
- Cool slightly.
- Beat cake mix and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer until moistened.
- Increase speed to medium, and beat 1 to 2 minutes or until well blended and smooth.
- Add melted chocolate, orange zest, and vanilla, beating until blended.
- Spoon batter by 1/4-cupfuls into paper baking cups in muffin pans.
- Bake at 375° for 16 to 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Orange Buttercream Frosting evenly over cupcakes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More