- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 C. cake flour
- 2/3 C. cocoa powder
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 C. plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 3/4 C. canned pumpkin (15 oz. can)
- 1 t. white vinegar
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 C. lightly-packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt together; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the yogurt, pumpkin, vinegar, and vanilla extract, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, and using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Alternately beat in the flour and pumpkin mixtures in thirds (for example, beat in 1/3 flour mixture followed by 1/3 pumpkin mixture and repeat until everything is combined).
- Working quickly, spoon batter into cupcake cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Place cupcake pans in the center of the preheated 350 degree oven and bake approximately 25 minutes. Cupcakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool pans on wire racks for 10 minutes then remove cupcakes from pans and let cool completely on the wire racks.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare cream cheese frosting (recipe follows). When cupcakes are completely cool, spread with frosting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
MidLife Road Trip's
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More