- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 C. cake flour
- 2/3 C. cocoa powder
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 C. plain lowfat yogurt
- 1 3/4 C. canned pumpkin (15 oz. can)
- 1 t. white vinegar
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 C. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 C. lightly-packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt together; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the yogurt, pumpkin, vinegar, and vanilla extract, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, and using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Alternately beat in the flour and pumpkin mixtures in thirds (for example, beat in 1/3 flour mixture followed by 1/3 pumpkin mixture and repeat until everything is combined).
- Working quickly, spoon batter into cupcake cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Place cupcake pans in the center of the preheated 350 degree oven and bake approximately 25 minutes. Cupcakes are done when they spring back when lightly touched or a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool pans on wire racks for 10 minutes then remove cupcakes from pans and let cool completely on the wire racks.
- While cupcakes are cooling, prepare cream cheese frosting (recipe follows). When cupcakes are completely cool, spread with frosting.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More