- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted & cooled
- 1/3 cup Angel Flaked coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 pkg. pre-melted unsweetened
- 1 square semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Set aside. Beat eggs thoroughly.
- Gradually add sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Blend in butter; then stir in the flour mixture. Measure 1/2 cup in a small bowl.
- Stir in coconut and almond extract; set aside.
- Add unsweetened chocolate to the remaining batter; spread in a greased 8-inch square pan.
- Drop coconut batter by the teaspoonfuls over chocolate batter.
- Then spread carefully to form a thin layer.
- Bake at 350* for 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool in pan and drizzle with melted semi-sweet chocolate.
- Cut into squares.
NotesI use to make these a lot when I was younger, But my Family decided they like Brownies without the coconut. But I still think they're delicious!
Give them a try and see what you think!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More