- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/3 palmful
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, eyeball the amount
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice, eyeball the amount
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pound chicken breast tenderloins
- Salt and pepper
- Heat 1 1/2 inches vegetable oil in a deep skillet over medium high heat. A cube of bread should brown in a 40 count when oil is ready.
- Set out 3 disposable pie tins. Mix flour with paprika, poultry seasoning, cayenne, and allspice. Divide seasoned flour between 2 tins. Pour buttermilk into a tin. Line up tins as such: flour, buttermilk, and then flour.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Coat chicken pieces in flour, then buttermilk, then a second coating of flour.
- Cook chicken 6 minutes on each side, until deep golden brown and firm. Drain chicken on paper bags and cool before packing up for picnic basket.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Get Cookin'See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More