- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon rind
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups large flaked oatmeal
- Combine first 4 ingredients in medium sauce pan, cook and stir over medium heat until mixture bubbles. Take off heat and cool.
- Cream butter, brown sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
- Stir in flour and baking soda. Add oatmeal and blend until crumbly.
- Reserve 2 cups of this mixture.
- Take remaining crumbly mixture and press into a 9" X 13" baking dish.
- Take the raisin mixture and spread over the oat mixture to within 1" of sides of pan.
- Then take the reserved 2 cups of crumbly mixture and and crumble of the top.
- Put in preheated oven 375F. and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cook on rack. Cut into Bars or squares.
NotesI have been making these bars for years. They have a great flavour and texture. I would have to say a bit like date bars. Easy to put together. It is great for lunches.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
GAES PTO Recipes
NFPG Recipe CollectionSee More
GLUTEN-FREE FLOUR BLEND
Peanut Butter Cups
White Chocolate and Cranberry CookiesSee More