- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 jar maraschino cherries -- (10 ounce)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 can pineapple slices -- (8 ounce)
- 1 can crushed pineapple with juice -- (8 ounce)
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter and coat the bottoms of 2 - 9 inch round pans. Drain and reserve the juice from both cans of pineapple.
- Sprinkle the bottom of each pan with 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Sprinkle coconut in one pan. Lay pineapple rings in a single layer on top of coconut. Place a cherry in the center of each ring. In the other pan, spread the drained crushed pineapple.
- Mix the cake as directed on package, but substitute reserved pineapple juice in place of water. Divide batter between the 2 pans. Remember which pan has the pineapple rings in it.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool in pans for 30 minutes.
- Turn the layer with the crushed pineapple out onto the serving dish, then gently turn the other layer on top.
NotesThe year I was pregnant with my son, I had 20 of these to make for Easter baking orders. It was a blur of pans in the oven/out of the oven. At one point the timer went off, and I returned to the oven and pulled out the 2 pans. I saw that I had forgotten to put the BATTER in! I baked up just the topping :) It was great over vanilla ice cream, and I laughed til I cried when I told my husband about what I'd done.
The Italian Exchange
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More