- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 jar maraschino cherries -- (10 ounce)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1 can pineapple slices -- (8 ounce)
- 1 can crushed pineapple with juice -- (8 ounce)
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt butter and coat the bottoms of 2 - 9 inch round pans. Drain and reserve the juice from both cans of pineapple.
- Sprinkle the bottom of each pan with 1/4 cup of brown sugar. Sprinkle coconut in one pan. Lay pineapple rings in a single layer on top of coconut. Place a cherry in the center of each ring. In the other pan, spread the drained crushed pineapple.
- Mix the cake as directed on package, but substitute reserved pineapple juice in place of water. Divide batter between the 2 pans. Remember which pan has the pineapple rings in it.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool in pans for 30 minutes.
- Turn the layer with the crushed pineapple out onto the serving dish, then gently turn the other layer on top.
NotesThe year I was pregnant with my son, I had 20 of these to make for Easter baking orders. It was a blur of pans in the oven/out of the oven. At one point the timer went off, and I returned to the oven and pulled out the 2 pans. I saw that I had forgotten to put the BATTER in! I baked up just the topping :) It was great over vanilla ice cream, and I laughed til I cried when I told my husband about what I'd done.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MetroCooking DC 2013
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Cooking with SabraSee More
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Carrot cupcakes or muffensSee More