- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/3 -cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (used frozen)
- 18.25- ounce package lemon cake mix
- 3-ounce package lemon flavored gelatin
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup fat-free buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter in a 10-inch tube pan. Place pan in oven until butter melts.
- Remove from oven.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over butter. Sprinkle blueberries over sugar. Coat sides with butter-flavor cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, gelatin, eggs, oil and buttermilk.
- Beat on medium speed for 4 minutes. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. If needed, cover top of cake with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning.
- Cool in pan about 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge and center of pan.
- Invert cake onto a platter or cake stand.
- Makes 16 servings.
NotesI saw this several weeks ago in my Yahoo group. DH is a blueberry lover and it turns out so were all of my guests! This is easy, impressive, and ever-so-good! The cake is dense and moist and the blueberry/butter/brown sugar topping is to die for!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More