- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 12 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (large flake)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter ( use all natural)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups Cheerios cereal
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (I used dark raisins)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Whisk together flour, oats, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In your mixer, beat together butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add white sugar and brown sugar, beating until creamy.
- Mix in egg, vanilla and water.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Fold in Cheerios, raisins and peanut butter chips.
- Scoop dough using a 1/4 cup measure (or a large spoon) and drop onto parchment lined baking sheets, spacing them about 3" apart. flatten the dough slightly.
- Bake for about 10 minutes ( I found this was perfect time). Remove from the oven and let cookies cool for 5 minutes before placing them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Makes about 24 large cookies.
NotesWhen I saw this recipe for Double Oatmeal and Peanut Butter Cookies, I was intrigued with the addition of Cherrios. The recipe came from Culinary in the Country. These cookies are so good, moist, chewy, crispy. I took them to work and everyone really enjoyed them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Simple Homemade Favorites
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More