DOUBLE OATMEAL AND PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Double Oatmeal and Peanut Butter Cookies
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 12 servings
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (large flake)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter ( use all natural)
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups Cheerios cereal
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (I used dark raisins)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
Preheat oven to 375º.
Whisk together flour, oats, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
In your mixer, beat together butter and peanut butter until smooth.
Add white sugar and brown sugar, beating until creamy.
Mix in egg, vanilla and water.
Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
Fold in Cheerios, raisins and peanut butter chips.
Scoop dough using a 1/4 cup measure (or a large spoon) and drop onto parchment lined baking sheets, spacing them about 3" apart. flatten the dough slightly.
Bake for about 10 minutes ( I found this was perfect time). Remove from the oven and let cookies cool for 5 minutes before placing them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 24 large cookies.
Website Credit: http://canadianbakertoo.blogspot.com/