- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 large Russet potatoes, cleaned and pricked with a fork several times each
- Drizzle olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 slices center cut bacon, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and coarse black pepper
- Preheat a small nonstick pan over medium high heat. Rub potatoes with a drizzle of oil. Place potatoes on a microwave safe plate and microwave on high for 12 minutes, rotating once. While potatoes cook, add chopped bacon to hot skillet and brown until bits are crisp. Add scallions and cook scallions together with bacon 1 minute more. Transfer bacon bits and green onions to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Allow potatoes to cool enough to be handled, 5 minutes. Preheat broiler to high. Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh into a small bowl. Smash potato flesh together with sour cream until combined using a potato masher. Stir in cheddar cheese, bacon and scallions and season with salt and pepper, to your taste. Scoop filling back into potato skins and place on a cookie sheet. Place potatoes in oven and brown under broiler, 6 inches from heat 5 minutes.
NotesThis is potato skins on steroids! Would also make a fabulous side to a perfect grilled steak.
Recipe Credit: Rachael Ray,
30 Minute Meals