- Cooking Time: 7
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 15
- 6 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, no stems
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 French baguette
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven on broiler setting
- In a large bowl, combine the roma tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Allow the mixture to sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut the baguette into ¾-inch slices. On a baking sheet arrange the baguette slices in a single layer. Broil for 1 or 2 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over the baguette slices. Top the slices with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil for 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
NotesI love it this recipe. I usually skip the last step and just serve it cold without the cheese. I always get great feedback from my guests when I make it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Get Cookin'See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More