- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Grind oats in a food processor or blender until fine. Combine the ground oats with the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- Cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice in another medium bowl with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix until smooth. Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture and blend well. Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the dough and mix by hand until ingredients are well blended.
- For the best results, chill the dough overnight in the refrigerator before baking the cookies.
- Spoon rounded 1/4 cup portions onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Place the scoops about 2 inches apart. Bake in a 350 oven for 16-18 minutes or until cookies are light brown and soft in the middle. Store in a sealed container when cool to keep soft.
NotesMy friend Brittany made these for the cookie exchange. They are SOOOO good! She says they are worth the extra effort over a typical chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More