- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 120
- 1 can Ribbon Malt (3 lbs.)
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 lb. rice
- 1 pkg. brewer's yeast
- 1 cup hops
- 9 gal. crock
- 6lb. cane sugar
- Put 6 quarts water in a large pan and bring to a boil. Add sugar, boil and stir
- for 5 minutes. Add malt, slowly while stirring so malt won't stock to bottom
- of pan. Watch at all times to keep from boiling over or you'll have a mess to clean up. Pour contents into crock pot. Boil rice in 1 gallon water for
- 5 minutes or until soft. Strain and add to crock. Boil hops 15 minutes.
- Strain and pour into crock. Add enough cold water to bring temperature down
- to 80 degrees.
- Add lemon juice and yeast and stir well. Fill crock to 4 inches from top. Stir.
- Cover crock with tea towel. Twenty four hours later --- - fill crock to 2 inches
- from top with 70 degree water. Stir.
- Keep temperature as close to 70 degrees as possible. Bottle in sterilized
- containers when tester sinks to red line. Store in coolest place in basement
- for 30 days. Drink and enjoy best home brew ever!
NotesEveryone should try it once-it ain't easy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
The Naked Macaron
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More